Skip navigation
Iceking007
Currently Being Moderated

DVD Autolaunch in computer

Apr 24, 2012 9:13 AM

Tags: #menu #dvd #encore_cs5

I burned my movie to DVD and when I put the disc in it automatically loads the disc and opens the Sub menu/chapter menu once I close that and double click on the DVD it starts the first play and then loads the Main Menu just as it should; so why would it automatically open the  Sub menu when incerted into the DVD drive?

I think this is an auto run .ini problem but not sure if I can fix it with Encore or if I have to edit the disc image myself; have not been able to test it on a DVD machine only computer this happens on two different computers and windows versions.

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 9:35 AM   in reply to Iceking007

Post a screen capture of your navigation flowchart

This SEEMS as if you have a "first play" set wrong

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 10:16 AM   in reply to Iceking007

What player is being used for the autorun?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 6:02 AM   in reply to Iceking007

I believe WMP was opening the DVD automatically

Many software players do not emulate naviation correctly. Look and see: what app is opening the DVD automatically? Is it the same app that opens when you then "double click the DVD"?

Why is the submenu linked twice from menu 1?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to Iceking007

VLC does often have trouble opening to the Main Menu.

Test this on a hardware player.  If it works there, you're good.  Not much you can do about software errors.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 6:24 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I agree with Jim that you must test with a burned disk on a hardware player. Software tests can be helpful, but if your navigation is anything other than plain vanilla, you need a better player. Total Media Theater 5 works well for me; others like PowerDVD.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 8:29 AM   in reply to Iceking007

I am not 100% sure, but I think http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download allows more than one drive... you would create an ISO or folder in Encore, then use Imgburn for the actual writing process

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 8:58 AM   in reply to John T Smith

ImgBurn runs multiple instances and recognizes multiple drives. I copy 2 disks at once (same or different source images) at the same time - both internal or one internal and 1 extermal (USB) burner. I haven't tried 3 yet, but I see no reason it won't work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points