Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bug: Hidden Paths Disrupting Layer Selection

Apr 25, 2012 11:59 AM

Tags: #bug #layer #path #selection #bug_report

I'm experiencing a possible bug when attempting to Command+Click a layer in my document to turn it into the active layer. I've included a short video to help better demonstrate the issue.

If multiple shape layers are present, including a layer with a 'subtraction path', the hidden paths of the layer that's been subtracted from effects auto-selection. If the hidden paths overlap another nearby layer, Command+clicking on the nearby layer actually selects the shape with the hidden paths.

The expected behavior should be that the hidden paths are ignored, allowing the user to select the layer underneath, like it was in CS5.

This is very difficult to explain in text, so please watch the attached video.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 2:51 PM   in reply to Howard Pinsky

Do you still see this behavior if you move the shape layer (with the hidden mask path) to be below the text layer (Iceflow)? I think you are seeing this simply because of an order of operations logic, the shape layer is on top, the text is below. The item on top gets selected when using Command (Ctrl) click to select a layer. I'll test to verify.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to Brett N

Nevermind, you're right, this is new behavior for PSCS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 3:15 PM   in reply to Howard Pinsky

I don't know if this was done on purpose. I'm going to talk with the engineering team on this one to get a definitive answer. If it's unexpected, we'll see what we can do about getting it fixed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points