Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Text Along A Circle

Apr 25, 2012 8:58 AM

Okay, I've watched a tutorial on this, and I think my illustrator preferences might be different or changed up a bit (mac)

Whenever I click to add text to this  path, it starts the text at a different point on the path instead of directly where I clicked. If you can see it, towards the left side of the circle where it says "path" in green. Thats where I clicked, but as you can see the actual text would start a little further on the right side

How can I change this

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 10.43.23 AM.png

EDIT

Also I will add. Once I do type my text it is no longer selectable. After typing I switch up to my direct select tool, and as I hover over the text nothing happens. I cant select it, I can only select the blue bars on the sides of it. I want to be able to select my text also. Shouldnt the blue bars be at the end and the beginning of the text, not so far away from it

Screen Shot 2012-04-25 at 10.47.14 AM.png

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 9:10 AM   in reply to mhossey

You really need to read the help files about text on path how to move the center handle and select text.

If you get the direct sect tool click trhe text to select the path type and you see the handles one in the center of the tex the other two tothe left and right of the text.

To move the garb one of those handles and draag left or right

to select the text for editing select the text tool and select the text by dragging over the text with the text tool to highlight the text you wish to edit to asd text use the text tool and click on the text path to insert the insertion marker.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 10:24 AM   in reply to mhossey

You do not nave a cricle you half a circcle.

Can you see that you have an open path?

look in the layers panel and you will see tha you have two half circle paths.

what you have to do is join the two halves or draw a new circle.

You apparently cut this path in two that is why it is behaving ddifferently.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 1:11 PM   in reply to mhossey

To save you having to centre the type manually you might try Align Center in the Paragraph panel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points