Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Will CS6 include upgrade to Color Finesse 4?

Apr 25, 2012 8:57 AM

It looks like Production Premium CS6 will still ship with Synthetic Aperture Color Finesse 3.  I recently received an email from Synthetic Aperture announcing the release of Color Finesse 4, and that if you purchased Color Finesse 3 after April 15th 2012, you would receive a free upgrade to version 4. 

My question is, does the same go for CS6?  In other words, if I purchase CS6 (bundles with Color Finesse 3) after April 15th, does that qualify me for an upgrade to Color Finesse 4?  This is probably more a question for Synthetic Aperture, but they don't have a forum.  I figured an Adobe insider might know the answer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 9:05 AM   in reply to RFDPiper

No. This only extends to the commercial version of the tool. AE CS6 still comes with the updated CF3 version and given, that Adobe bought speedgrade, I wouldn't hold my breath that there wil lever be more than the bare minimum of CF LE in AE in teh future to retain compatibility with old projects...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 12:08 AM   in reply to RFDPiper

For the time being, Speedgrade is standalone and doesn't support any specific AE or Premirere Pro features.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points