Skip navigation
StamperCat
Currently Being Moderated

What Compensation for New Lightroom owners?

Apr 24, 2012 8:43 PM

I just purchased Lightroom 4 less than 2 weeks ago from Amazon and paid $161.96. Now I see they are offering it for $99.00 with a Photoshop CS5 upgrade. I haven't been able to find anything about any compensation for new users to Lightroom.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 24, 2012 8:53 PM   in reply to StamperCat

There isn't any.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 9:06 PM   in reply to StamperCat

I haven't been able to find anything about any compensation for new users to Lightroom.

Why would there be any?

You took advantage of a deal you were happy with at the time. Case closed.

If you didn't see the $99 deal, you'd still be happy..

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:07 AM   in reply to John Waller

Let's keep this cool please.

Now are you wanting to purchase PSCS5? If you do I would suggest you call Adobe support in your country and explain the position. If not, it doesn't matter to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:13 PM   in reply to StamperCat

It can be disappointing when you miss out on a bargain ... it can also be a bit troubling when there is a major shift in pricing. Take for example those of us who have been using Lightroom since the beginning. We paid full price for Lr v1, and full price for the upgrades to Lr v2 and v3 (sure some of us may have used coupon disconts but hang in there) ... then comes along Lr v4 and new users get a whopping 50% discount going from $299 to $149 for the full version ... but those of us who have been paying the freight for six years or so ... only receive a paultry 20% reduction in price ... not a very fair method to reward your loyal user base. At that rate, if pricing stays in line, it would take us over seven upgrades, or about 14 years to attain the same price break that new users received in a single purchase ... Nothing is fair in business it seems ...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 2:02 PM   in reply to StamperCat

StamperCat wrote:

BTW John Waller, I got no deal on the Lightroom I bought. I believe that was full price.

My point was that you were happy with $161.96 at the time. That's a deal whether there was any so-called discount or not. Earlier versions of Lightroom were $299+ so you got a great deal.

It's always disappointing when you see the same thing on offer cheaper later. Adobe's competing in an ever changing market and trying to find the right price point for their target market.

Be happy with owning excellent software and just chalk up seeing cheaper prices elsewhere 2 weeks later to experience. That'll always happen.

Someone paying $99 today may be disappointed to see Lightroom included (apprently for "free") in the CS6 Creative Cloud subscription model soon.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points