Skip navigation
tremely
Currently Being Moderated

Audio tracks stop working

Apr 25, 2012 10:10 AM

Tags: #audio #sound #not_working #soundtrack #premiere_elements_7 #narration #audio_1

This issue has been discussed before in these forums, but since it's happening more frequently, I thought I would see if anyone found a solution.  The issue is that in Premiere 7, when a narration is recorded, any other audio tracks that existed in the timeline before the narration was recorded stop working (soundtrack, audio 1, audio 2).  The narration track still works, though.  This used to happen to maybe one student per class in my video course, but now it's happening to about 3 per class, all on different computers.  A workaround is to add some more audio tracks, and move the clips from the broken tracks to the new ones.  As this can be cumbersome, has anyone found a reason why this happens in the first place, so I can avoid it?  Or has anyone found a better solution?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to tremely

>in Premiere 7

Do you mean the really OLD Premiere 7 (aka Premiere Pro 1) or do you mean Premiere Elements 7?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 10:33 AM   in reply to John T Smith

Are you working on a network?

If so, are your media and project files stored on the individual computers or on the network?

If on a network, you need to contact Adobe Tech Support. This program has some unique configurations and challenges when not installed a standalone PC.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points