Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 and Creative Cloud Launching

Apr 22, 2012 9:54 PM

B&H just posted the launch announcment for CS6. Looks like all the pages are live now. Preorder pricing up as well. (BTW - glad I snagged a CS5.5 upgrade last Thursday, my CS5 > CS6 price would have been $700+ otherwise!)

Creative Cloud is also up and pre-order link showing but it also says "discount for existing customers" or something like that, with a link that goes to nowhere. I'm sure that detail will be fleshed out later today.

Official ship date estimation showing on the Adobe site as May 7th across the board. Two more weeks to discuss all the awesome projects we're going to be cutting soon!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2012 8:46 AM   in reply to Christian Jolly

All apps for 30.00 a month??  What's the catch?  Seems like a greta deal.  I wonder what will happen after the first year?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 9:27 AM   in reply to Christian Jolly

The info reads download EVERY CS app for 29.99.  It sounds like you shouldn't get charged more for having a few extra apps from your original production premium.

Adobe's quote:

While a subscription gives you ongoing access to one Creative Suite application for a low monthly price, an Adobe Creative Cloud membership gives you access to all Adobe Creative Suite 6 desktop applications,  plus additional tools and services that allow you to take your creative idea from concept to publishing. Creative Cloud will deliver continuous value to members by providing immediate access to new features, tools, apps, services, and upgrades as they become available. Learn more about Creative Cloud membership options.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to Christian Jolly

I'm seeing this as a really good deal for me, too.  I was concerned about a few things, but the FAQ hit all my questions (with the answers I wanted to hear, no less!).

I already checked, and I qualify for the reduced pricing.  We have until August to decide, but I'm leaning very heavily towards the Cloud.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 23, 2012 10:49 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

I'm seeing this as a really good deal for me, too.  I was concerned about a few things, but the FAQ hit all my questions (with the answers I wanted to hear, no less!).

I already checked, and I qualify for the reduced pricing.  We have until August to decide, but I'm leaning very heavily towards the Cloud.

Ditto...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 8:04 AM   in reply to Christian Jolly

interview yesterday ...bloomberg news with ceo adobe about cloud, new direction of company , chance of apple buying adobe , etc.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/91240482/

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 10:09 AM   in reply to able123

chance of apple buying adobe

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YRHDomoLb-A/TLod5-GaCbI/AAAAAAAAAkE/FH5cpb9_XZ8/s1600/_nooooooooooo.jpg

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 10:21 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

" trust the force, Luke....the CLOUD ! "

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

Very true.

But I suspect that even from within, Adobe will not be able to wipe Apple and all their products from the face of the earth (which is my personal goal) and pull everyone into the light of Windows.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 24, 2012 6:44 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Just out of curiosity, Jim, why do you detest Apple and its products to the point of obsession? 

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to RDA972

Two reasons.

First, I personally just don't like the UI and how things work on a Mac.  (I mean, I reeeeeally don't like it.)  But that's just my personal preference.  It would probably be left at that if Mac usage wasn't so prevalent in our industry.  Macs make up only about 7% or 8% of the worlds computer users, but probably much better than 50% of film/video production users.  It's very, very tough to get a job out there without having to work on a UI I just can't stand.

Secondly, Macs do certain things differently.  Not better, mind you, just different.  Like MOV instead of AVI for video, AIFF instead of WAV for audio, and HFS+ instead of NTFS for file systems, DisplayPort instead of VGA or DVI for output, etc.  Those differences cause compatibility issues that could easily be avoided if Macs simply did things the way most of the world does things.  Yes, there are ways around most of those differences, but it can still be a PITA to deal with. It's a situation I'd prefer just didn't exist.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim Simon wrote:

Two reasons.

First, I personally just don't like the UI and how things work on a Mac.  (I mean, Ireeeeeally don't like it.)  But that's just my personal preference.  It would probably be left at that if Mac usage wasn't so prevalent in our industry.  Macs make up only about 7% or 8% of the worlds computer users, but probably much better than 50% of film/video production users.  It's very, very tough to get a job out there without having to work on a UI I just can't stand.

Secondly, Macs do certain things differently.  Not better, mind you, just different.  Like MOV instead of AVI for video, AIFF instead of WAV for audio, and HFS+ instead of NTFS for file systems, DisplayPort instead of VGA or DVI for output, etc.  Those differences cause compatibility issues that could easily be avoided if Macs simply did things the way most of the world does things.  Yes, there are ways around most of those differences, but it can still be a PITA to deal with. It's a situation I'd prefer just didn't exist.

Not to mention they charge an arm and a leg for something you really can't upgrade easily.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:16 PM   in reply to Christian Jolly

heres my question, i can buy cs6 master collection student price and pay 799, or the clod thing for 29 for first year...what if they boost the price for 100 a month??? ill be 1200 a year for the license?? what if u cant afford it, u just lost all your money of previous year and ended up with nothing, so thats my dilemma. any thoughts anyone?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 4:34 PM   in reply to c_santiago132

That's the same issue you face when it comes to buying or renting a home, buying or leasing a car.  The monthly payment can always go up at the end of the rental term, and there's not much you can do about it except pay more, or find another product in your price range.  You'l just have to weigh the advantages of both buying and renting (and both do have advantages), and decide which is right for you.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 5:13 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

Exactly! I think is better just to buy the normal one to be save. People might say "it has muse " learn how to code then! Hahah things like that you can learn it on your own without paying a subscription   I'm better off buying the master collection for 800 to be safe

Regards;

Carlos Santiago

312-909-3902

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points