Skip navigation
kjromano1976
Currently Being Moderated

Master Page Duplication

Apr 25, 2012 11:31 AM

I have set up a master page spread (see below).

Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 1.23.52 PM.png

The pages in my document are always rolling from right hand to left hand and vice versa. Using the master page shown above, I move the page accordingly in the page palette from right to left or left to right and the following happens:

Screen shot 2012-04-25 at 1.24.38 PM.png

The items that are no longer connected to the master page (because alts were required) are duplicated. Is there a way to only have one master spread (as opposed to mulitple master pages) and prevent the duplication of information every time a page rolls?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to kjromano1976

There are couple fo things you can try but it will lead to layout problem...

like You can remove the one master page from the master page spread in the pages panel but in that case the text on the bottom of the page (written in red) which has been layed out seperatly on right and left has to be manually adjusted and also margins on left and right which are different would no more be there.

Second is You are overirding the all master page items , rather then doing this just override the particular component like single text box or single frame using "SHIFT+CTRL"

key combination

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:16 PM   in reply to kjromano1976

Also is it mandate to make the document with facing pages you can avoid facing pages and use the single page layout ?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 3:07 PM   in reply to kjromano1976

I can't quite tell what happened in your screen shot, but it is typical of facing pages when you add or remove an odd number of pages that any master objects that were overridden remain on the page, and the other master objects for the opposite page are added back.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points