Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Aligning Text in Text Frame

Apr 25, 2012 11:49 AM

Tags: #text #alignment #textframe

I am placing text within a text frame on the header of my master page. Once I have the text centered and aligned within the text frame in the design screen and go to the preview screen the text displays as skewed to one side (usually to the left). In order to have the text centered within the frame on my published site I had to skew it off center in design mode. See the 'modern kids clothing' text box at the top of my site www.kikikidswear.com

Is there something I am doing wrong?

I've also noticed that when I view my published site on a wide screen monitor other text gets skewed such as the words 'kids wear' on the header and the copyright info in the bottom right of my footer.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 12:14 PM   in reply to ddelano

Hi Ddelano,

We have checked the link and it looks all fine to me. Please provide us with the screen shot of what you see in the Design View vs the Preview vs the Browser. Also, provide us with the browser name that you are checking on and the version.

Regards,

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to ddelano

Hi,

Apparently the shift you are referring to is happening because of the letter spacing. There is spacing being added to the right of the "g " causing the slight shift.

Try highlighting the last letter of the text ("g") and setting letter spacing to 0.

Regards,

Message was edited by: Colby Ausen

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 2:25 PM   in reply to ddelano

ddelano,

Try highlighting the last letter ("g") and setting the letter spacing to 0.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points