Skip navigation
roscoe7711
Currently Being Moderated

Having trouble installing Acrobat X trial on windows

Apr 26, 2012 1:29 AM

I can't install  the trial version of Adobe Acrobat X Professional for Windows. I've downloaded the product but I'm getting a message box response stating Adobe Reader could not open "Hairston Acrobat Download" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 12:19 PM   in reply to roscoe7711

What is this Hairston Acrobat Download which you are trying to use?  If you are looking for the trial of Acrobat X Professional you can locate it at https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=acrobat_pro&loc=e n.  Also as part of the install process your copy of Adobe Reader will be removed.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:36 PM   in reply to roscoe7711

What I understand is you have downloaded teh acrobat X pro for windows , but when double-clicking in the file to install then this error comes up..

This seems to be teh file association problem , may we know which file format were downloaded and on which file are you double-clicking to install.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 11:52 PM   in reply to roscoe7711

That sounds like some incompatible plug-in, possibly from an eBook reader/ software... Uninstall that and try again.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points