Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do you use the equivalent of Contact Sheet II in Bridge?

Apr 25, 2012 8:10 AM

Tags: #cs4 #photoshop #problem #adobe #bridge #mac

How do you use the equivalent of Contact Sheet II in Bridge? I can't seem to be able to download the Contact Sheet II plug in for CS4 and want to know how to use the equivalent in Bridge. If that is the case?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 25, 2012 8:22 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

I can't seem to be able to download the Contact Sheet II plug in for CS4 and want to know how to use the equivalent in Bridge. If that is the case?

The Contact Sheet has been replaced with the Output Module in Bridge. Be sure to have the latest update for CS4 and when choosing the workspace Output you should have the ability to see and chance settings in the Header and footer, if not you don't have the latest update.

Or select files in content window and choose the little paper with folded edge icon to go to the output module.

The downside is you can only save as PDF but if you need jpeg you can open it in PS and extract pages as jpeg.

The plus side is you have many options to choose in creating your contact sheet. To be honest, the CS5 and later version is better because then you can save the custom made templates

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 8:44 AM   in reply to Cathie_live

If you are upgrading to CS6 you will be pleased to note that the Contact Sheet is back, as well as PDF Presentation. 

Picture Package is not returning.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 25, 2012 8:53 AM   in reply to Curt Y

If you are upgrading to CS6 you will be pleased to note that the Contact Sheet is back, as well as PDF Presentation.

Picture Package is not returning.

If you had to choose between more effort to develop new features further or getting back old stuff from 3 version behind what would you prefer?

Just interested because you think we should be pleased

And yes, Picture Package has gone but feel free to add it to the wish list of feature requests, the more the better to get it back.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to Omke Oudeman

I am not a power user and do not even take advantage of the existing features, so probably the wrong guy to ask.

The value of old featrues vs new features lies in the eyes of the beholder.  Most hate change, and new and improved in products frequenly means it just has slimed down quality and features in my opinion.

Some of the new features, like 64 bit program should help, but the real test will be on how many bugs come along with it.

Here is a link on how to use smart images (another feature I have never used) to make you own Picture Package.  http://www.tipsquirrel.com/index.php/2010/05/picture-package-with-smar t-objects/

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Apr 25, 2012 12:47 PM   in reply to Curt Y

I am not a power user and do not even take advantage of the existing features, so probably the wrong guy to ask.

It's getting a bit off topic but you don't need to be a power user to gain advantage of new features

I have often changed my workflow due to new features or discontinuing of old ones. Mostly starting new methods with a bit of anger but after a while I also mostly have to admit I did profit from the new method....

Smart Objects and Smart filters as well as adjustment layers are very useful for editing images in a non destructive way, meaning that your background layer is still the original image while all other layers contain the edits. Wanting to change edits made earlier gives an easy chance to only edit that change from one layer instead of going back in history and also lose the earlier made changes after the one you need to correct.

It makes the file bigger in size but also a lot more controls, once happy you can always flatten to get back to original file size :-0

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points