Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How to open .raw files in Lightroom?

Apr 25, 2012 1:38 PM

Tags: #photoshop #raw #lightroom3.5 #cs5.s

Hi

One of my clients sent me .raw-files to use them for a flyer design.

Since I have my own Nikon D90, which has no problems taking pictures in RAW and converting them to .NEF in Photoshop Lightroom, I thought it would be as easy as that to do this with the .raw files but it isn't.

Since they were sent via WeTransfer, I am wondering how I can open them in Photoshop or Lightroom?

Thanks

Bob

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 1:42 PM   in reply to BobM1990

Probably you have a mismatch between the version of LR and the specific camera.

What version of LR? What camera?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 2:58 PM   in reply to BobM1990

That .raw file has to come from some camera. He wants to know its model to see if it is supported by LR/PS or not.

Can you save the file to your computer, then right click and choose open in Photoshop (assuming you're using Window)? Or in LR, choose import then navigate to the directory that contain the file.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 11:52 PM   in reply to BobM1990

yes because, every raw file works with specific camera raw plugin, if the camera by which that file was taken , is supported by LR 3, then it wil work, otherwise you might want to convert that file to DNG and then you can use it in your LR 3

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 2:09 AM   in reply to BobM1990

Has your client saved these images as Photoshop.raw files by any chance? If so, they are not raw files in the 'from a camera' sense and it would be best if they resent them as tif files.

Anthony.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points