Skip navigation
krocwork
Currently Being Moderated

Problems with inserting HTML for Google Analytics…

Apr 18, 2012 2:22 PM

…In-Page Analytics.

The tracking and everything else seems fine but all of a sudden I can't view the In-Page Analytics. It says:

We've identified problems in your setup. These may cause problems loading In-Page Analytics.

• Your site doesn't load ga.js from Google. If you host the Google tracking code on your own servers, it isn't updated automatically and can miss important changes.
  • We didn't find a tracking snippet on your site. In-Page Analytics cannot load. Please make sure you have tracking installed correctly. If your snippet is included in a separate JavaScript file, you'll have to manually check it is being loaded correctly.

I haven't changed anything and all of a sudden it stopped working? Any ideas?Not too sure if I can post a link to my site but here it is anyway:

www.ossociates.com

It's not finished yet but this is one problem I would like sorted because it's essential I can see the way users navigate through my site. Apart form this I think Muse is a great product and please keep up the great work!!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 10:47 AM   in reply to krocwork

Google has 2 versions of the analytics code.

The 'traditional version' is supposed to be inserted into the HTML body, near the bottom. http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=5 5480

The 'asynchronous version' is supposed to be inserted into the HTML head, near the bottom. http://support.google.com/googleanalytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1 74090

You've inserted the 'asynchronous' version into the body of your HTML, using the 'insert HTML' feature in Muse. Sounds like this doesn't work.

For now, you could switch to the traditional google analytics code that belongs in the body.

The offical Muse release will include an option to insert HTML into the head of the page, so once you have that you could choose to use the 'asynchronous' google analytics code and insert it into the head.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points