Skip navigation
marcod1419
Currently Being Moderated

Application Manager Problems

Mar 22, 2012 2:05 PM

Tags: #photoshop #version #application #install #cs6 #installation #beta #application_manager #adobe_photoshop_cs6

Hi, there. Today I downloaded the Adobe CS6 Beta and after putting in my Adobe ID to install it, it told me that I needed to download the Application Manager. I did, but whenever I try to install it, it shows that progress bar with the words "Initializing Installyther" on top, and when the progress bar reaches the end, the installer closes and doesn't do anything.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 22, 2012 2:33 PM   in reply to marcod1419

Hi Marco,

Have you tried rebooting yet?

What OS are you using?

What about turning off anti-virus software, or potentially other software that might be conflicting with the installer initializing?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 22, 2012 9:54 PM   in reply to marcod1419

HI Marco,

Please quit PDApp.exe from the task manager and try installing Photoshop Beta again.

Regards

Pragya

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 4:15 PM   in reply to Pragya Kandari

I'm seeing a very similar problem on Mac.

Installed the CS6 beta. When I try to start CS6 it complains about AAM being missing or damaged.

I download the latest AAM, get the "INstaller Initializing" progress bar, then ... poof!

Now I can't check for updates from or install actions in CS5 ... I get the ame error about AAM missing/deleted.

There are widespread reports of problems with AAM and the CS6 beta, but I haven't seen anything definitive from Adobe on the subject.

At this point I am leery of upgrading to the release version when it is available without some idication that this problem has been identified and fixed.

Can anyone help????

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to Stu.Farnham

Resolved it. The CS6 installer srewed up permissions on /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE. Resetting those did the job.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points