• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old version of Photoshop vs. Windows 7 operating system

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop LE 5.0 that I have carried around & used for over a decade, but now I can't install it on my laptop, which uses Windows 7. Is there any type of upgrade I can use, or am I screwed? I can't afford a new version & this is the only software I like to use! Please help! I have all my original software keys & everything.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2012 Apr 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To qualify for the upgrade pricing for Photoshop Elements you would need to have a previous version of Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem.  I had Adobe Photoshop 5.0.  I upgraded to CS3 all on my old machine.  Now I have a new machine with Windows 7.  I can't install the CS3 upgrade because it asks for the serial number of my previous version which I have, but it doesn't allow me to enter a serial number for Photoshop 5.0.  So I figured I would install 5.0 first, then install the CS3 upgrade.  I can't install 5.0 on Windows 7.  There has to be a way for me to use the CS3 that I purchased.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann-Marie this is likely because Photoshop 5.0 did not qualify for the upgrade to Creative Suite 3 unless there was some type of a special offer at the time.  You are welcome to contact our support team though and they can determine if you qualify to have the requirement to enter a previous version serial number overridden or not.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I don't know how I did this the first time around though.  I don't see any record on my account for another upgrade prior to CS3.  I'm pretty certain that I went directly from Photoshop 5.0 to CS3.  Do you think it worked because I had 5.0 already installed?  I don't want to go through the pain of gettig some sort of 32-bit emulator on my machine to install 5.0 if it isn't going to even work.  What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would just contact the support team.  They can look at your previous records and see if/when we provided some type of an exception to allow the CS3 installation to be completed.  Even if you had Photoshop 5.0 installed Creative Suite 3 would not see it is an eligible product. 

If I recall properly from that time period you would need either Photoshop CS or possibly Photoshop 7.  We typically provide upgrades for up to 3 versions back.  This allows our customers to have time to consider when they are ready to upgrade their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately they wouldn't help me because I was calling about an old product.  Maybe I'll try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea they might possibly deny your unlocking request but assuming they can locate a qualifying version or reason they should provide support for CS3 for this type of issue.  You will want to ask to have your copy of Creative Suite 3 unlocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines