• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMailParam with File in Database

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.  I would like to use CFMail to send an attachment using CF8.  The attachment is a BLOB in Oracle.  I will know the file name and MIME type for the file.  How do I attach it?  I am unable to write to the file system so I can't do that first.  The utility can email an individual as well as a batch of receipients, and in both cases the same attachments will go to all recipients.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF8, or CF8.0.1?  The content attribute of <cfmailparam> - which is what you want - was added to CF in 8.0.1.  Docs here:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/9.0/CFMLRef/WSc3ff6d0ea77859461172e0811cbec22c24-7c15.html

I've never used it, but that'll be how you want to handle it.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we're just on 8.0 but this is what I need so I'll see if we can get an upgrade.  Thanks so much for the tip!  I didn't even think of looking in the CF9 docs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation