• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom 4 installation problem (windows 7)

Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble installing Lightroom 4 on my Dell studio 15 laptop (64 bit-Windows 7, 4 GB RAM).  The installer seems to stop after the pop-up saying it is 'extracting Adobe_lightroom4_x64.msi'.  The pop-up disappears and nothing else happens.  I've tried restarting, uninstalling Lightroom 2, running ccleaner, re-downloading the installer, turning off Microsoft security essentials and the windows firewall, and starting up in safe mode (the latter gives a message saying it can't install in safe mode).  What else should I try?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have enough (temporary) disk space? What is your screen resolution?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the screen resolution is 1280x800.  The C: drive has about 220 GB used and 68 GB free.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may try re-downloading Lr 4 and re-installing it on a new admin user account and check if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I re-downloaded the installer but the same thing happened when I ran it.  I am  using an administrative account.  I tried installing LR on my desktop computer at work (also 64-bit Windows 7) and it worked fine.  I noticed that the install shield wizard there mentioned adobe_lightroom.msi rather than adobe_lightroom_x64.msi like it does on my laptop.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps some install log might help. I'm sure they exist someplace just like the ones for CS5.5 ...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thanks for the suggestion.  I wasn't able to find an install log for Lightroom 4.  Do you know where it is? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not aware of any specific installation log for Photoshop Lightroom.  You can view the Event Viewer under the Adminsitration Tools.  Beyond that I would recommend following the steps listed in Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Windows | Adobe software - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html.  We don't currently have a troubleshooting document for Lightroom specifically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,......i have been having the same exact problem of intalling lightroom....if anybody has found a solution...plz post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 14, 2012 May 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you check in the new user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like for whatever reason the installer isn't able to extract the 64 bit install files. Lightroom comes as one file but it is really just a bundled up archive with both the 32bit and 64bit installers included. When you run it the installer extracts these and then runs the one relevant to your system (in this case it would be the 64 bit installer).

As you have another machine where the install goes ok you could run the installer on this machine, it will extract the install files at which point you should be able to copy those files onto a USB stick or something, take them home and then run the installer directly. Hopefully this should get around the problem that the installer is having extracting the files and allow you to install the program directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you jonathan.....

but my problem alerdy got solvd a couple of days ago..there was some problem with my OS(windows 7 ultimate)...and i googled on how to fix windows 7 errors and i found a software called "FIXAUTO" which automatically fixed some bugs in the os....and the installation of lightroom happend smoothely after that..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines