Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download Timeout during Flash Player Installation

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have seen all the replies pertaining to this issue, I can say i tried all kind solutions that are provided in this discussion, and I got stuck up at downloading uninstaller for 32 bit version windows, i am not able to download it.

I am using:

OS: windows 7 Utlimate ; 32 bit OS system type; Browser Type: Firfox 11.

Please provide me soluiton for this.

Thanks

Kiran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2012 Apr 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try to get the installer from the following link?

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2012 Apr 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have download problems with the uninstaller, or the installer?

Get the uninstaller from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat Willener,

Let me tell you what I have done before i get to clean install of flash player.

1. I have Unstalled Flash player 10 from control Panel -> Program and Features.

2. Then I have done these steps

1. Delete all remaining files and folders located in the following directories.  (tip: copy and paste these paths into the path bar in an Explorer window)
    • C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash
    • C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (if it exists)
    • %appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
    • %appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player
  2. Verify that the file “FlashPlayerCPLApp.cpl” in C:\Window\system32\ for 32 bit systems or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ if you are using a 64 bit system, has been deleted
  3. Download and run the offline installers

Even then I have the same problem again.

At first I did not go for Uninstaller 32-bit because I have done it through Program and Features even then problem exists. So I thought of going clean install process, and it seems Uninstaller is doing nothing......I am attaching a picture of it.... Please I am not sure what I was missing or what is my mistake in here.

I have Norton 360 antivirus s/w.

Please help me out.

2012-04-24_193530.jpg

Thanks

Kiran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you have done everything correctly; uninstalling the ActiveX Control and plugin from the Control Panel should do the same as running the uninstaller.

So after you downloaded and ran the two 32-bit installers, what is your actual problem?

P.S. please note that in the clean install instructions step 2, I have recently added two more files to check in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

• FlashPlayerApp.exe
  • FlashPlayerInstaller.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading 32-bit installer, I ran the installation and it stops at 47% and says download timeout. I have tried disabling antivirus for 1 hour and still doing the same thing.

I dont see files FlashPlayerApp.exe, FlashPlayerInstaller.exe in  C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

But I am seeing C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\shockwave10:

• SCC.dll
  • systeminstallstub.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2012 Apr 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kiran Katepally wrote:

it stops at 47% and says download timeout.

Is this the offline installer from Sunil's link above?  Can you just try the download again?

Kiran Katepally wrote:

I dont see files FlashPlayerApp.exe, FlashPlayerInstaller.exe in  C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash:

Apologies; my mistake: these files would be in C:\Windows\system32

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did downloaded installer from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ it stopped installing at 47%  .... and when I was trying the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-pla yer-windows.html#Install_in_a_firewall_proxy_server_environment browser keep saying 'connecting' for long time...but not able to see any download process.

Coming to files FlashPlayerApp.exe, FlashPlayerInstaller.exe in C:\Windows\system32, I don't see them.

Some how I managed to download  latest version of flash player from other source.... I installed it offline...it worked well this time.

Thanks Pat and Sunil for your support.

Kiran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kiran,

Could you try downloading from this link?

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_32bit.exe

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines