Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 17, 2012 3:42 PM   in reply to Community Help

I cannot find Content-Aware in the options bar in Photoshop Elements 10

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2012 3:43 PM   in reply to Jesscasey123

It's only available when you choose one of the Spot Healing tools.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2012 4:01 PM   in reply to Community Help

Thanks, I tried removing a person from a picture and it left a mess behind, I guess it takes practice.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 17, 2012 4:06 PM   in reply to Jesscasey123

Yep.  Try using a very small brush size, even if the area you're removing is large.  The small brush size doesn't pull in content from so far away.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2012 10:50 AM   in reply to photodrawken

Also, this page:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshopelements/using/WS287f927bd30d4b1f -1a883eeb12e2803aa4d-7fdd.html

has a broken link.  It offers a video of content aware

For a video about this process, see www.adobe.com/go/lrvid911_pse_en , but when you go to that page it's all about creating a calendar.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 25, 2012 11:56 AM   in reply to Jesscasey123

For something as large as a person, the healing brushes alone aren't always going to do it. You may need to add the clone stamp to cover up what's left over, or you may be better off by starting with the Recompose tool and just healing and cloning any bits that recompose can't remove. It all depends on the image.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 10:46 PM   in reply to photodrawken

The only way the Spot Healing Brush Tool (with Content-Aware checked) worked for me was using a brush that completely covered the item to be removed.   A small brush didn't work at all.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:16 AM   in reply to HaileyBruce

Thank you very much Hailey for responding.  I was trying to remove an out of focus,  close shoulder and head on the lower right corner.  Couldn’t effectively crop it out.  Will try again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 20, 2012 7:42 PM   in reply to Community Help

Have no idea what I did, so don't even ask. lol Double clicked on background layer and ended up creating a clipping mask. The using spot healing brush, I was able to remove water hose by the side of the pool, like I originally intended. I finally had upgraded from PSE 7 because of content aware fill and photomerge (and other stuff lol). The only thing was I seem to have lost my background layer. No problem, was working on a test file copy. Worked pretty good though. Not just have to find out what happened to my background layer. It was locked but ????? lol

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 5:07 PM   in reply to Community Help

I got as far as painting over the object I want to remove. Do I use the Hand Tool to move the object or?

Frank

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 1:17 PM   in reply to Community Help

I too am having problems with this healing brush with content aware. I got a lot of blur in the area I was trying to clean up.

Any ideas?

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 15, 2012 8:40 PM   in reply to burgandine

I wish I could help, but I've had little experience with content aware.  Good luck, Bruce

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points