• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash will not install on Windows 7 x64

Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I find myself in a bit of a pickle, which I have neither definitive answer nor logic to why this is happening. Whenever I install Adobe Flash I get an error message in a popup window as described below.

Host

Unable to load application configuration

First of all I thought…? This can happen if the processor clock is out on the motherboard. I rebooted and checked the time and date stamp in the BIOS and it’s correct. Everything else works fine; it’s just Adobe Flash that is causing the problem. I am running Windows 7 x64 and selected Windows 7 x64 when I installed Flash. Shockwave, Air and all other Adobe applications were fine… it’s just Adobe Flash that is causing the problem. Any Answers would be appreciated; I’m left scratching my head with dismay because I cannot for the life of me know what is causing this error message.

It’s the same for MSIE9 as well it will not install and comes up with the same error message.

Thanks

[RESOLVED]

I took a second look at the BIOS and didn’t spot this the first time I looked. The time was correct, but out by 20 seconds which was the reason why updates and installations were in disarray. I never would have thought 20 seconds would have made much of a difference. But it does and I corrected the time to the precise seconds to pinpoint accuracy, saved the BIOS and loaded the OS and tried again and it worked first time.

So the moral of this topic is, if you’re getting a message in a window which says the following…

Host

Unable to load application configuration

Check the clock on your BIOS first, if the seconds are out but the time is correct, this the likelihood of the problem is being caused by the BIOS clock.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting back with your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "Check the clock on your BIOS first, if the seconds are out but the time is correct, this the likelihood of the problem is being caused by the BIOS clock" mean?  I don't understand what you are syncing the BIOS clock too and what does "if the seconds are out but the time is correct" mean.  I get this error when I try to install Flash and I seem to have no Flash plugin now in Firefox.  I still have one in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2012 Apr 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the exact error you are getting?

Have you tried to run the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_... ?

If that still causes you an error please post your Windows version & edition.

P.S. if your Windows user account has administrative permissions, then you don't need to go into the BIOS to correct your clock; you can do it from withing Windows, either manually, or using Atomic Clock Sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines