Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Simultaneously Play 2 Videos HELPPPPP

Apr 26, 2012 5:33 AM

Tags: #help #videos #premier_elements #simultaneous

First, open Adobe Premiere and Upload the two clips by going to the FILE and clicking IMPORT. Select the two clips you wish to use!

Once you have selected the clips, drag them from the collection of clips on the upper left corner of the screen. Double Clip on one of the clips, the video should show on the middle of the screen, drag the video from the screen to the time line below. Press the space bar to review your work,The screen to the upper right corner of the page shows the final editing product.

DOUBLE CLICK on the screen displaying the clip (the final viewing window) and a white box should surround your clip, minimize the window of the clip so it fits the size you wish.

Double click on the next video from the collection of clips on the upper left corner of the screen. Again, drag the ACTUAL footage from the middle of the screen to the timeline and place it next to the other clip. DOUBLE CLICK on the screen displaying the clip (the final viewing window) and a white box should surround your clip, minimize the window of the clip so it fits the size you wish.

Place which ever clip you would like to show first in between Video 1 and Audio 1, the clip you wish to play next to it should be dragged above the first clip so it “sandwich’s” the first clip. The second clip should be on Video 2 and Audio 2 lines of the timeline!

Hi

Above is what instructions that i have used and can now play the to videos simultaneously, but my problem now is that i need to have each video starting in a different place on the timeline.

A bit of backround information

I work for a racing team and i want to be able to compare to different drivers after they have competed 10 laps running (example) but reason i need to be able to start the videos at different points is if one driver does his best lap on lap 3 and the other on lap 9 i need to be able to scroll through each video individually to the correct starting point.

Hope this explains what i am trying to do! I feel like i am so close to acheiving it with just a little help from you guys i should be able to acheive it, any further information required please let me know, also if you know of a better way than the above method please let me know.

Thanks best requards

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 6:07 AM   in reply to Solutionss

In Timeline view, just drag the video on Video 2 to the left or right so that it doesn't start at the same time as the video on Video 1.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 7:19 AM   in reply to Solutionss

As I point out in my books, you can click on the timecode on the Monitor panel and type in a timecode to position the CTI playhead at an exact position. You can then drag the beginning or end of a clip to that position to snap to it.

But, no, it's not possible to just tell the clip to jump to a position.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points