• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with PremPro 4 combined with CS5 Master Suite-32 bit issue.

Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, everyone!

A few months ago, I successfully installed the CS 5.5 Master Collection.  Since my laptop is just a 32-bit machine (company computer) and not 64-bit, I am unable to use Premier Pro CS5 and had to opt for the included Premier Pro 4, which works on my 32-bit.

I hadn't opened it till yesterday, when I needed to edit an existing video for work.  When I saw that my timelines were blown up to giant proportions and none of the pop-up window buttons work (such as "save before closing?"), I checked my monitor resolution (it seems ok) and then uninstalled it.

I went to the Content and Installation disk and tried to reinstall using the setup application file.  I selected Premier Pro and the other two files that accompany it, then hit the install button.  It looked like it was going to complete the install, then at the end an error came up that said that the install failed because it needs the "After Effects with CS4 32-bit support for CS5."

UCK!   I don't know where to find that file!  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Could that support file be on the first or second Application disks and not on this third content disk?   Do I need to totally uninstall the Master Collection and reinstall it if that is the case?

Any wisdom is appreciated!  I know how to use this great stuff, but the installation process has me baffled!

Thanks so much! 

Mary

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run the Creative Suite Cleaner Tool, reinstall from scratch obeying the right order (that is installing CS4 before CS5.5).

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2012 Apr 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mylenium!

I am going to put your suggestion on my radar and give it a try if Arpit's method doesn't work.  Thanks so much for your help!!  I really appreciate it!

Have a great week...

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Arpit!

I'm going to try your suggestion this afternoon.  Thanks for your help and hope you have a great week!!

Mary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you may install PPro CS4 & Ae CS4 32 Bit in any sequence as they have a seperate installer. So, try copying the contents of the "Content DVD" to the desktop and then go to "Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro CS4 for win 32 bit\Adobe CS4" folder and right click on the setup.exe file and "Run it as Administrator" and check if that helps."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines