Skip navigation
Charles Bargar
Currently Being Moderated

Is Interrupted Conforming REALLY the problem for truncated audio?

Apr 25, 2012 7:29 PM

Tags: #audio #export

Truncation happens on ONLY on an MPG export.  Export to H264, and the audio file is not truncated on import to Encore. The audio file is actually NOT truncated.  M2T MPX'd files play fine in PowerDVD.  I went through the forums, and Bill Hunt answered "Conforming not Completed" is the problem. So, I ran a set of tests to confirm that interrupted conforming IS NOT the problem.  Steps to reproduce:  1. Close all Adobe programs. 2. Go to the Media Cache and Media Cache Files directories....  DELETE ALL FILES.    This causes any file being imported into Premiere to be "conformed" 3. Import a clip into Premiere, and wait for ALL conforming activity to complete.  4. Create a timeline, and place the clip into it. 5. Edit the timeline to about 1-2 minutes in length to make export processing quicker, and add a couple of chapter marks. 6. Export to BluRay MPG with MPX set to NONE (.M2V/.AC3) 7. Export to BluRay MPG with MPX set to TS (2nd output file name .M2T) 8. Export to BluRay H.264 with MPX set to TS (3rd output file name .M2T) 9. Play the M2T files from Step 7 and 8 using any Video Player.  The audio in it is NOT truncated.  19. Create an Encore Bluray project 11. Import each file as a timeline (Step 6 file includes both AC3 and M2V  12. Check the length of the Audio track in each timeline.  ONLY the step 7 file's audio is truncated.  13. Delete the MPX'd file from Encore, then delete it's associated XMPSES file. 14. Re-import into Encore as an Asset, and place the .M2T file in the timeline. 15. Voila!  The audio is no longer truncated, but all Chapter Marks are lost.  It looks like this is a problem with the creation of the XMPSES file when exporting to an MPG with multiplex set on. I posted it with a "Bug Report"

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 8:39 PM   in reply to Charles Bargar

when exporting to an MPG with multiplex set on.

The solution here is to simply never do that.  Always set multiplexing to off if you plan to author a disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 8:31 AM   in reply to Charles Bargar

I sometimes use the same file for two different purposes

Don't do that either.  Export the sequence in two different formats, one for authoring, one for computer playback.

With the new CS6 AME, you can even do both at the same time.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:34 AM   in reply to Charles Bargar

are they the results of people getting unexpected results?

No, they're just the way it's normally done.

What's more, it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:44 PM   in reply to Charles Bargar

Well, I didn't program the software, nor did I write the documentation.  I'm just a user like yourself.

You can certainly file a bug report, but in the mean time, I've explained how to get the work done without issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 2:00 PM   in reply to Charles Bargar

It's true, Adobe rarely responds to bug reports.  I'm sure they get far too many across their product lines to make that doable.

But it's not true they never fix anything.  Things get fixed all the time.  What get's fixed is most likely prioritized based on the number of users reporting the issue.  And this issue is likely not reported all that much because, as I said, the way you do things isn't the norm, so few users will be running into the issue.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 2:15 PM   in reply to Charles Bargar

Charles,

With your background and experience, I think you can understand that a confirmation mail 'We have received your bug report or feature request...' is completely meaningless. Take into consideration that there are many thousands of users and bug reports/feature requests that need to be filtered, that need to be checked whether they can be replicated, whether it is easy to accomplish or takes a major engineering effort, whether it is clear, I mean someone may file a feature request to be able to turn left at the next intersection and another one requests the ability to turn right at the same intersection, whether it makes sense and does not destroy other critical functionality, etc.

Like many here, I too have filed numerous feature requests, some of which have been honored in the past, some have not, and I never had any feedback from Adobe on that. I just had to wait for an update/upgrade to appear and see if it was honored or not. Well, that is life with such a complex application and the integration with the other programs in the suite. From Adobe's point-of-view, it is also a matter of resources, effort, time, deadlines, etc. Just take CS6, all programs must be ready at the same date to release the Master Collection at the pre-determined date, EOS. That simply means the development/improvement cycle has to stop at moment X.

From my perspective, I rather have Adobe direct its resources at solving bugs that can be replicated, implementing much asked for feature enhancements, than in communicating with users about the status of their bug report or feature request, but hey, that is only my opinion.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 8:24 PM   in reply to Charles Bargar

It would be really nice if Adobe had all bugs corrected within 48 hours.  I don't think any user here would argue with that ideal.

But somehow I doubt that will ever actually occur with software as sophisticated as Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Encore, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to Charles Bargar

All bugs, critical bugs.  I still have my doubts that you will ever see Adobe patch a program within 48 hours of your bug report.  If it ever happens, I feel pretty safe in saying that you weren't the first to report it, that the process was started long before you reported the bug, and the timing is purely coincidental.

Again, not arguing against such an ideal scene.  Just not holding out my own hope that it will actually happen.

Having said that, this is hardly a critical bug.  If you do things the standard way, by your own admission all works just fine.  So...keep pestering Adobe to fix the issue.  But don't hold yourself back from getting the job done until they do.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points