Skip navigation
peacebreakerr
Currently Being Moderated

videos show up as black screen on burned blu-ray

Apr 25, 2012 9:24 AM

Tags: #error #blu-ray #encore #bd-r #internal_error_11

I've just created a blu-ray project with about 20 timelines.  I created an 35GB ISO file which I burned to a dual layer BD-R disc.  Everything seems to work fine when I play it back on a blu-ray player except for 6 videos/timelines.  They play as a black screen and it seems to freeze up the player for a few seconds as I can't press the menu button to get back to the menu for a while.  All the files were created in Media Encoder with the exact same settings, so I don't think it's a compression settings problem.  All the files are different formats so I know it's not a format issue -- the black screen videos are 1080i, 1080p, and 480i, and the videos that work are 1080p, 1080i, 480i, and 720p.  I'm recompressing the offending videos at the moment hoping that something went wrong there, but between that, building the project, and burning, a new disc won't be ready for a few hours.  Does anyone have any advice in the meantime?

On a related note, I've recently started getting an internal error 11 on some of builds, but I don't remember what file it was having trouble finding.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 9:56 AM   in reply to peacebreakerr

I don't do BluRay, but I have read (search the forum) that 1080p is not a supported BluRay format

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to peacebreakerr

Some 1080p footage will work, some won't.  Read here:

Adobe Forums: Encore-supported Blu-ray Formats

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to peacebreakerr

Another idea...

I don't do BluRay, but I read there is a Premiere bug that Encore will not work properly if you export from Premiere, for BluRay, using 2-pass VBR encoding

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/944584

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:27 AM   in reply to peacebreakerr

Well, that's weird and aggravating!

I'm confused by the number of formats you say are in the project (from post 1) and no information about navigation.

Each timeline has only one asset?

Are all of your assets BD compliant in terms of Jeff's chart linked at post 3?

Are you still getting the Error 11?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 7:08 AM   in reply to peacebreakerr

Just no clue....

I'd confirm what you are seeing on playback by playing the m2ts from the disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 9:19 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

What type of blank media are you using?  For DL these days, Verbatim

seems to be best.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 9:31 AM   in reply to peacebreakerr

did you by any chance accidently black out the video track by deselecting it? if you did do that, that timeline would just be audio with a black screen...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points