Skip navigation
Dr. How
Currently Being Moderated

The Resize Tool in my PE v 8 has stopped working. Cn anyone help please?

Apr 25, 2012 1:02 PM

Hi all,

I have been using PE v 8 for about 2years and v 5 before that. I regularly change my .DNG files to .JPG files and then reduce their size for printing as 15x10cm photos. I have done nearly a thousand photos this way. Today I did a couple of photos and then tried another one but it would not allow me to change the size.  I opened Image and Resize, then Image Size then Document Size and tried to put in the new size but it will not allow the new size to be entered. I can highlight the size (either heiht or width) but it will not allow me to change either size or the Resolution. I tried with a few other photos but the same thing happened.  Something must have happened when I was using the program. I did notice that my McAfee security program was doing a scan in the background. Could this have caused a change in the program settings? Most of the other tools I have tried still seem to be working e.g. all the enhance tools, the straighten tool, the spot healing brush, the rectangular marquee tool and the crop tool. I thought it might be that I needed to merge the layers or flatten the image but all of these tools are greyed out and don't allow me to select them.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can reactivate the Resize function again please?

I am using Windows XP. I have tried shutting down the program and rebooting the computer but the Resize Tool is still not working.

Many thanks,

Dr. How.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 1:32 PM   in reply to Dr. How

Often the PSE Preferences become corrupted.  Re-set them by holding down your Ctrl+Alt+Shift keys when launching the Editor and answer "Yes" to the prompt to delete the Preferences.  They will be re-built.

Ken

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to Dr. How

If you're using the Resize dialog box, you need to check the "Resample" option at the bottom.

Ken

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points