Skip navigation
othermotte
Currently Being Moderated

how does one escalate truly terrible support responses

Apr 25, 2012 7:03 AM

I just got the most cursory support response that seems to show a total lack of understanding of the problem (how teh system handles email).

I am used to poor responses, sometimes too often, but am patient because I know people are busy and sometimes things are overlooked.

I also know that the people in charge want to improve support, so I want to esclate this particular response. Can anyone tell me how to do so?

Gary

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 25, 2012 7:17 AM   in reply to othermotte

Hi Gary,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles thus far with your experience with our chat support. 

If you are still having questions around the system handling emails please post your query here and I'll assist you further.

Otherwise you can log a ticket with both your concerns with the system emails and your prior chat support experience and we can investigate/escalate accordingly per your request.

- http://www.businesscatalyst.com/support/request

Kind regards,

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 25, 2012 12:17 PM   in reply to othermotte

Thanks Gary for the details. 

I've reviewed the case and I agree that more details should have been provided here. 

Basically this is currently a known issue that our engineers are working on resolving however this has mainly been for sites under the US center.  Your site is actually under UK center which is odd for this to be happening in the first place so I've since reassigned the case to our escalation team to investigate further and to respond back with more details.

The current note from our team...

In some cases, we have had reports of intermittent delays for operational emails sent from our system. These delays can be from a couple of minutes up to a couple of hours.

Our operational team is already investigating these issues and they’re working on resolving them. We hope you will see an improvement in the next couple of days however if the issue still occurs please provide us the system email type (e.g. workflow notification, invoice email, email marketing test email etc.) and the email address that’s not receiving it properly, and we will investigate this further.

We will be responding back to your ticket ASAP once we identify what's causing this based on the information you've provided in your initial case message. 

To access chat support you would follow the same path of submitting a ticket.  Portal -> help&support -> contact support -> select chat support instead of submitting a case. http://screencast.com/t/TcbUlP4zq

-   http://www.businesscatalyst.com/support/request

Hope this helps clarify a bit more.

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to Sidney Mitchell

Sidney,

Are there any updates to the email delays with the US data center? I have several customers who are frustrated with the delays - user registrations and product purchase notices are taking between 15-45 minutes in most cases to get to the user. When your site is 100% eProduct, the delay actually prevents the end user from accessing the content that they purchase right away. I hopped into live chat with Parikshit, but was told that there are no issues w/BC email and that it was a problem I should take to my external email provider. I was under the impression that these system emails have nothing to do with the email service I use.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:03 AM   in reply to LittleBigJoe

Hi Joe!

Apologies for the incorrect response given during chat as you are correct the system emails are different from BC email services. 

This should have since been resolved or at least improved.  However if still experiencing issues at the moment please log a ticket instead so we can properly investigate and escalate ASAP.  Provide the system email in question as well as the email addresses being delayed.

- http://businesscatalyst.com/support/request

Kind regards,

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:08 AM   in reply to Sidney Mitchell

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:15 AM   in reply to LittleBigJoe

Thanks Joe!

Case escalated and we'll respond ASAP. 

I'll also update this thread on the status of the "delayed system emails on the US center" to inform the community once completely resolved.

Cheers!

-Sidney

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:16 AM   in reply to Sidney Mitchell

Thanks Sidney! Drinks on me the next time we're together.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points