Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Aspect Ratio. Page and Folio

Apr 26, 2012 12:13 PM

I'm trying to Preview in Content Viewer from the Overlay Creator and I keep getting 'The page size aspect ratio must match the folio aspect ratio'.

The file is an original file from a Lynda tutorial. It has not been altered. It is horizontal in orientation.

The same file exists in vertical orientation which does open in the content viewer.

This is very confusing. I've tried only having the horizontal file open. I've resetted ID etc.

The problem is I can't continue with the tutorials and no where can I find information on folio aspect sizes.

Thanks.

Nigel.

Replies
  • Casey Jensen
    296 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Apr 26, 2012 12:53 PM   in reply to nigelwalker38

Hi Nigel,

What did you set the Folio aspect ratio to? (In the Folio Builder Panel, select the folio -- then go to "Properties" on the drop-down carrot.)

Let's say for instance that you set the folio to 1024x768. Your InDesign pages should then be 1024x768. If you're doing both landscape/portrait versions, then you need to ensure the Orientation setting is set appropriately on each file (File->Document Setup.)

You should then be able to do an "add" with the InDesign file open (Folio Builder panel drop-down carrot) to add it to the folio. Alternately, you can name the landscape file with a _h, the portrait file with a _v, and place them both within a folder. You can then import both by going to the drop-down carrot and selecting Import..

Casey

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 5:50 PM   in reply to nigelwalker38

I found your question because I've spent the last 4 hours trying to solve this same issue. In my case I began Adobe's tutorial following the steps in the tutorial pdf to a T. (Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite Hands-On Tutorial). When working with the ..._v.indd file, no issues. But when opening the "2Wheels_start_h.indd" file, clicking on Preview in the Overlay Creator palette gave that same warning. The only thing that works is to create a folio, add the article, then click the Preview on the "Folio Builder" palette. 

To recap: On the tutorial using the provided files "Part 2: Use the Overlay Creator", Number 10 "Click Preview at the bottom of the Overlay Creator panel to launch Adobe Content Viewer for Desktop" gives the warning "The page size aspect ratio must match the folio aspect ratio".

Please help. I'd really like to get past step 1 and learn how to use it.

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    296 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Apr 26, 2012 5:59 PM   in reply to FritzMiller

Can one of you post the sample file?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 6:08 PM   in reply to Casey Jensen

Hi Casey. You can download the tutorial here.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/digitalpublishingsuite/articles/digital-pu blishing-suite-hands-on-tutorial.html

Download the tutorial sample files: DPS_Tutorial_Assets.zip

Problem occurs at Part 2, No. 10 of the tutorial pdf doc "DPS_Tutorial_Design.pdf".

Thanks for your help!

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    296 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Apr 26, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to Casey Jensen

Looks like a bug with the Overlay Creator panel. Go to File->Folio Preview instead. There are some bugs with the v19 viewer as well, so you won't be able to scroll through all of the pages in the stack. You could just break the layout up into a smaller number of pages.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 6:25 PM   in reply to Casey Jensen

Always reassuring to know it's not me.

Thanks for your super-quick response. I can move on now.

Thank you Casey.

|
    Mark as:
  • Casey Jensen
    296 posts
    May 4, 2011
    Apr 27, 2012 4:52 AM   in reply to nigelwalker38

No problem. Good luck on your learning!

|
    Mark as: