Skip navigation
DV8OR1
Currently Being Moderated

Clarity Slider

Apr 3, 2012 5:09 AM

Tags: #slider #clarity #lightooom_4

Please, please bring back the original clarity slider...the one in Lightroom 4 is dreadful. It adds exposure adjustments now and is difficult to control. The subtlety of the older version is gone...if anyone else agrees with me then please comment below and perhaps Adobe will take notice.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 3, 2012 5:13 AM   in reply to DV8OR1

I have read someone from Adobe say something similar to "The new clarity slider has twice the effect as the old one".

So, if you were using a clarity of 25 in the past, maybe you should try a 12. Or maybe you should continue to use Process Version 2010, which still has the old clarity slider

Do you really think Adobe will go back just because some people in a forum don't like it?

For what its worth, I like the new clarity slider, I think it is an improvement.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 5:15 AM   in reply to DV8OR1

i do not agree.

i like the new one better.

keep in mind you now have to use a value of around 20 instead of 40 to get a similiar effect.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 3, 2012 5:21 AM   in reply to -Agfaclack-

Also try using stronger Clarity values in combination with reducing the Contrast value.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:01 PM   in reply to DV8OR1

Not a fan of the PV2012 slider, I must admit - it's too heavy-handed and, as others have pointed out, tending too much towards faux HDR, something I detest.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points