Skip navigation
tonyb599
Currently Being Moderated

CS3 Mac - upgrade to CS5 Windows

Apr 26, 2012 10:57 AM

Tags: #issue #adobe #mac #windows #upgrade #photoshop_cs5 #photoshop_cs3

Hopefully someone here can come up with a definitive answer please?

I have had CS3 installed and registered on a Mac since 2008. I want to upgrade to CS5 but change to Windows as that's my preference with photo editing software  (I already use Elements 7-8-9 on a PC).

Looking around, I just cannot find a definitive answer as to whether I can upgrade my Mac CS3 licence to a CS5 Windows licence - I see the question has been asked the other way round a few years back but the answers conflicted: Yes, no problem;  No, no way; yes but very complicated, have to write to Adobe. Not much help.

Can someone give me a definitive answer please rather than a guess? There is no way I can afford to buy the complete new product (I'm now a pensioner but have programmed since 1978 and been a photographer since 1961) so an upgrade is my only route. I don't want to buy the upgrade then find it's not working....

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 11:35 AM   in reply to tonyb599

This is just a user to user forum so no definative answers here. 

Your best bet is to call Adobe and ask.  I know you can do it, just don't know the price.

Also, CS6 is set to start shipping on May 6.  If you buy CS5 now you will get a free upgrade to CS6.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 12:18 PM   in reply to tonyb599

This is called a cross-grade. Search this forum for this term for further discussion on the topic. You will need to call Customer Service and explain that you need to "crossgrade" from Mac to Windows.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points