Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can you edit an existing nested style in CS5.5?

Apr 26, 2012 12:25 PM

In a previous InDesign CS5.5 document, I created a paragraph style containing a nested style. The nested style applied a bold font to the first sentence only, with the rest of the paragraph appearing in a roman version of the same font.

I'm creating a new document now and would like to use the same paragraph style/nested style combination, only with different fonts.

Is there some way to edit an existing nested style, or do I have to create a new one for the new fonts?

Thanks for your help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to Arthur Cadeaux

You can load the paragraph style in the new document and then change the font....

In the new document , Go to Paragraph style panel flyout menu and then choose "load paragraph style"and then choose the file in which you have this nested paragraph style present.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to Arthur Cadeaux

It really depends on what the nested character style is doing. If all it does is make the exisiting font bold, without specifying a font family or size, there's no need to do anything but edit the basic cahracter settings in the paragraph style. If the character style is more specific, you'll need to edit that, too.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points