Skip navigation
nedcampion
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with events not propagating when selecting toolbar items

Apr 26, 2012 1:56 PM

Tags: #cs5 #osx #bug #cs6 #event_listener #mouse_event #photoshop_cs6 #cs6_beta #photoshop_cs6_beta

Hey All,

I'm on OS X Lion using CS6 beta and observing events in Photoshop form an outside application using Cocoa's NSEvent#addGlobalMonitorForEventsMatchingMask.

It seems Photoshop is stoping the propogation of some events coming out of selection of toolbar items. Here's the issue:

There are two ways to select the Pencil tool from the toolbar. (Method A) I can click the Paintbrush, holding down for a second and releasing, then mouse move to the Pencil and click, OR (Method B) I can mouse down the on the Paintbrush and drag the mouse to the Pencil.

If I use Method A I get what seems to be every event associated with the interaction, BUT If I use Method B Photoshop seems to stop the propogation of a lot of drag events.

Are there any experts out there that have an knowledge of why this is, or if there are any known work arounds?

Regards,

Ned

ps This is also an isue in Photoshop 5

Replies
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Apr 30, 2012 12:35 AM   in reply to nedcampion

Ned, this is a bit over my head, but FYI (and your troubleshooting research), there are other methods to get alternate tools: ALT+click to cycle them, CMD/right-click to get the flyout, and Shift+Tool shortcut (unless you changed the setting in preferences)

BTW, method B is not  the same as A? The only difference is that in A, there is a release, then a move to target area, then another click, while in B, we have a hold, then a move to the target area, then release.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    May 2, 2012 6:59 AM   in reply to nedcampion

I don't understand your problem: you are trying to record an automator or an applescript, or it does not work as expected?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 2, 2012 5:17 PM   in reply to nedcampion

I've just re-pinged some of the engineers on this one, but no response yet.

Will get back to you when I have more information Ned!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points