Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Metadata filter

Apr 26, 2012 1:56 PM

Hi all

I have recently installed LR4 on my computer and seems that the metadata filter concerning camera info does not work anymore.

When I select a specific camera, lens or focal lenght it says that no photo match the filter.

Strangely it works only when I select only one folder in my entire catalog (this folder is the last one I have imported)

Did anyone experienced this problem?

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 3:06 PM   in reply to Urama65

Try 4.1 RC2.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 2:28 AM   in reply to Urama65

Urama65 wrote:

Sorry Dorin

what is 4.1 RC2?

forgive my ignorance

Dorin means download the latest candid release of Lightroom, its the next beta before the proper Lightroom comes out.

RC is Candid release or if you prefer almost perfect beta, they usually come out before the latest release of a program is sold to the public.

LR4 was / is troubled, so LR4.1RC1 came out with many bug fixes and issues resolved (that should have been resolved before LR4 came out)

LR4.1RC2 has many more improvements and Adobe have also intimated that the slowness of exporting to web and other issues will be in the final LR4.1

The link to download the LR4.1RC2 is here http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/lightroom4-1.html

Hope this helps

hamish NIVEN Photography

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 3:09 AM   in reply to Urama65

hope it works for you.

Try the LR4.1RC2 and see if that works.

Q - are you working from the Last Import folder, ie the reference to the lastly imported folder or the folder where the photos are?

imported photos.png.png

If you are working in the Red folder, try working in the blue folder and see if that works.

If it does not, consider then making a bug report and then hopefully others will find the same problem.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points