Skip navigation
TipperaryP
Currently Being Moderated

Why would I be unable to edit any page elements?

Apr 26, 2012 4:38 PM

Tags: #adobe_muse #edit_problems

During some problems upgrading to the latest version, I built a single web page, but now nothing on the page can be selected or edited. All the pages I created earlier can be edited. Is there a way to address this issue, or should I just try to recreate the page?

I'm using this configuration on Mac 10.6.8:

Public Beta 7.01

v0.8, Build 841, CL766429

Air Runtime 3.2.0.2070

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 4:44 PM   in reply to TipperaryP

It's possible everything on the page got locked. Try this: while in Design Mode, use the Object menu and choose 'Unlock All on Page'

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:01 AM   in reply to TipperaryP

That explains why you can't edit it. You can only edit master page content in that master page, never on any of the local pages. The real issue then is why is your master page gray and undeitable? At this point I would guess it would be easier and less time consuming for you to just re-create it. That said, we'd still like to take a look at your file and try to figgure out if this is a corruption caused by the updating problems you were having or a bug that needs attention.

We'll be able to take a look at the issue if you send your .muse file and a link to this topic to muse-support@adobe.com. If your file is larger than 20MB use a filesharing service like SendThisFile or Adobe SendNow.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to TipperaryP

On your B-Master page there is an image placed that has a very large frame (though the image content itself is very small.) You can see this by going to B-Master in Design mode, then scrolling down to the page content with either the vertical scrollbars or the hand tool. The picture of the church on the left has a very large frame. Try deleting it and placing it again.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points