Skip navigation
richhbutler
Currently Being Moderated

I am having problems downloading Lightroom 4

Apr 26, 2012 5:41 PM

I currently use LR3 and was thinking of upgrading to LR4.  However after reading about all the performance complaints about LR4, I wanted to try LR4 before purchasing it.  Like many people here, I can successfully log into my adobe account.  But I CANNOT download the trial version of LR4 to save my life.  After I click the "download" button, I get NOTHING.  Like many of you, I tried to chat with a representative but nobody is ever available.  I've been trying to download the trial for LR4 for the past 2 weeks....it is extremely frustrating that Adobe can't get this download process right.  If they can't get this figured out, how can they possibly turn out good software?  I'm beginning to think that I'm better off NOT upgrading to LR4.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 5:42 PM   in reply to richhbutler

Branching this to a new discussion because Lightroom 4 does not utilize the Adobe Download Assistant.  It is already available as a direct download.  Have you tried initiating the download in a different web browser?  Which operating system are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 11:21 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I'm having this problem too, and have been for a number of days. I click on the Download button but nothing happens. I'm running Windows 7, have no problems downloading anything else, and have successfully downloaded products from the Adobe site before. I use IE9, all standard stuff.

Is it simply overload - if so, can you give me an estimate of when the situation will improve?  I'd really like to try Lightroom 4.

Thanks

Mike

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to hempnall

Hempnall try a different web browser and see if your problem continues.  The download is still working fine.  It is likely there is a browser or security setting which is preventing you from initiating the download.  Try using or installing Firefox or Chrome and try the process again.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 1:02 PM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

Jeff I'm using Firefox and although it does download the trial version, but the trial version would not work.  I unistalled and downloaded it again only to have the installtion processs freeze so I'm not sure how much help Firefox gives.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 2:50 PM   in reply to CapturingTheWorld

Do you receive any type of error message when you are trying to install?  Without a specific error I would recommend trying the steps listed in Troubleshoot system errors, freezes | Windows | Adobe software - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-f reezes-windows.html.  Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions about the steps listed.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 2:50 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have managed to download Lightroom 4 using Firefox; it may be a few days before I start my trial, but when I'm ready I'll let you know whether I have any installation problems. For the record, the file is called Lightroom_4_LS11.exe and it's size is 753,625,608 bytes.  Does this seem right?

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to hempnall

Yes it does.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 1, 2012 6:42 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I have just downloaded the Lightroom 4 trial and it downloads fine, but when I try to open the download on my Mac I get the following error message:

"Operation could not be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.)"

Please can someone help me. Thank you

Michelle

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 2, 2012 10:40 AM   in reply to Michelle Lutener

Yes this is likely due to the processor you are utilizing or the operating system.  If you go under the Apple Menu and select About This Mac.  What does it have listed for your processor and operating system?  You will want to compare this with the system requirements for Photoshop Lightroom 4 - http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom/tech-specs.html.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 1, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to Jeff A Wright

I am having the same problem. These are my settings:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:          iMac

Model Identifier:          iMac8,1

Processor Name:          Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed:          2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors:          1

Total Number Of Cores:          2

L2 Cache:          6 MB

Memory:          2 GB

Bus Speed:          1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version:          IM81.00C1.B00

SMC Version (system):          1.29f1

Serial Number (system):          W88223LQZE3

Hardware UUID:          14AB3FD6-C341-588C-8FF2-387A4BEFE56A

Are they the reason I am unable to instal the software? Where do I go from here?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 3, 2012 9:29 AM   in reply to RBenes

RBenes did you check the system requirements to verify you meet or exceed all of the requirements?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)