• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blog Start Page

Participant ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a website to use primarily as a blog, http://impressionsofsonoma.businesscatalyst.com/  and have set the blog as my start page. 

The start page (blog) opens up to a page with a link to my current post (at the top) rather than as the post itself. Clicking on this link then, takes me to the post.

How do I get the start page to open up to the current post itself?

Can anyone help me out?

Catherine

TOPICS
Content management and modules

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Hi Catherine,

You can make this happen by editing the Blog Layout for "Blog Post List Layout". Edit the blog post title tag to read - {tag_blogposttitle_nolink}. This will make it so the title does not link to the details page of the post. Then, if you go into the "Overall Blog Layout", you can limit the post list to 1 - {tag_postlist,1}, so that way, only 1 full post will show up on your start page.

Hope this helps!

Carol | http://bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine,

You can make this happen by editing the Blog Layout for "Blog Post List Layout". Edit the blog post title tag to read - {tag_blogposttitle_nolink}. This will make it so the title does not link to the details page of the post. Then, if you go into the "Overall Blog Layout", you can limit the post list to 1 - {tag_postlist,1}, so that way, only 1 full post will show up on your start page.

Hope this helps!

Carol | http://bcgurus.com/Business-Catalyst-Templates for only $7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carol,

Well, you have made my DAY! Thank you for nailing it for me.

Catherine

However, can if I may ask another question... Your instructions worked perfectly EXCEPT now my nav button "Impressions", taking me from the "About" page on my website back to the blog now renders with the tag {tag_blogposttitle_notitle} displayed, rather than the title. How do I fix that?

Thanks again

Message was edited by: cate1941

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missed your last question. The correct module to use is - {tag_blogposttitle_nolink} not _notitle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. My mistake. Thanks for the catch and thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines