Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Prelude CS6: File Compatibility

Apr 26, 2012 10:23 AM

Is there a list of compatible file formats that work with Prelude CS6?  I've tested it with Quicktime MOV files from Canon DSLRs and am able to add markers, etc.  However, when testing with AVCHD files from Panasonic cameras such as the GH2 (M2TS/MTS files), I can ingest and play through the clips, but the option to add markers is greyed out.  Is this correct?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 10:30 AM   in reply to SolMarch

CS6 isn't even out yet, so there's no way for most of us to test that feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:46 AM   in reply to SolMarch

If you have CS6 as a Beta testor, do you also have a different way to contact Adobe about the Beta software?

When I was a Beta testor for a different product/company, I had a different, non-public way to contact the product manager

For everyone else, the latest is that CS6 will be released no later than the 1st week of June (this from memory, from a comment inside one of the CS6 message threads... so I may not have the details 100% correct)

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 10:48 AM   in reply to John T Smith

The web site says it will be available May 7

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 11:01 AM   in reply to rpestes

Read message #3 http://forums.adobe.com/thread/994129 "the software will be released before the end of the first week in June"

Available to purchase is not the same as shipping

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 4:13 PM   in reply to John T Smith

If you're using Prelude, then you are in the pre-release program and should be having this conversation on the pre-release forum, not this public forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:28 PM   in reply to SolMarch

> All I'm asking for is a list of supported file formats as the literature is vague on this matter.

Wait until the software is released, as well as its documentation.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:29 PM   in reply to SolMarch

Prelude is a brand-new product for CS6.  There is no CS5.5 version of Prelude.

Jeff

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 6:18 PM   in reply to SolMarch

I agree, everyone is trying to tell you what you did not get. It is impossible to confuse 5.5 with 6. I think everybody  needs to take a chill pill.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 6:20 PM   in reply to rpestes

Please show me exactly where you downloaded that from. That should not be occurring. CS6 is not available yet.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 9:38 AM   in reply to SolMarch

Awesome. You know when there's a glitch in the Matrix, it's because the machines changed something. Any deja vu, SolMarch?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 8:10 PM   in reply to SolMarch

Thanks, Sol.

That shouldn't have happened.

We'll be posting plenty of information about Prelude CS6 when it's released. Stay tuned.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points