Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

FMIS 4.5, HDS authentication?

Apr 24, 2012 1:24 PM

Tags: #hds #apache #fmis

Hi,

I'm playing around with FMIS 4.5 and HDS/PHDS. My question is, how do I perform stream authentication on HDS?
For RTMP(E) streams I can have an authentication module, but from my experiments (I cannot find any reliable docs on this), neither the auth module or the file module is used for HDS streams. I guess the apache jithttp module doesn't interact at all with the FMIS modules?

Have I missed something, or do I have to use apache access control/write an apache module for this?

If so, can I leave FMS (edge/core etc) out all together for streaming HDS content (ie send traffic straight to the apache listen port. It seems to work.)?

Thank you

Johan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 7:13 AM   in reply to j_1234

Yes, you are right that subscribers are only served by the Apache and FMS process has no role in that. So FMS's Auth/File module won't work for it.

Apache provides wide possiblities to write your own authentication scheme. You may try using the Apache's mod_auth module or write your own.

For HDS-Vod, yes you don't require running FMS. Only apache is required. But for HDS-live, you need FMS for publisher to send rtmp data to FMS and record it on the server.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points