Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Submitting a subscription app to Apple

Apr 26, 2012 1:26 AM

Tags: #app #publishing #adobe #ipad #folio #digital #suite #apple #interactive #digital_publishing_suite #viewer_builder

I want to submit an app with a 1 yr auto-renewable subscription.

I have one folio within the app at the moment, but that is free.

The next folio (paid for) won't be available for another 6 weeks, so I can't yet submit the IAP for it to Apple along with this new viewer.

So, am I able to submit a multi-issue viewer with iTunes subscription even though I don't have any paid-for content within the app as it currently stands? Or do I have to include at least one paid for folio as well?

The client wants the app available on Newsstand from the start, that's why we are submitting it with an auto-renewable subscription. In 6 weeks time, the viewer will have a paid for folio and many more will follow after that...

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,644 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 7:43 AM   in reply to jamie.dunmore

I believe you can do that. You'll need to set up the IAP for the retail folio as well as the IAPs for the subscription durations before you create the viewer. I would create a dummy retail folio for testing in the sandbox.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 1:11 AM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

I belive, you can not.

I tried to do so. Apple demanded the paid subscriptoin content to be present in review process.

I ended up to produce 2 folios.

You can not argue with Apple.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points