Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Any chance to see more supported video cards for After CS6 ?

Apr 26, 2012 3:57 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if Adobe or/and Nvidia are working on drivers to enable more video cards with raytrace 3D render in the new After Effects CS6.

I just bought a Geforce FX 680 which is the best in Cuda but I as surprised to see that it isn't supported in the new After CS6...

Any chance to see it working in a near future ?

Thanks !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 3:59 AM   in reply to frenchschoolofcg

Definitely maybe.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:27 PM   in reply to frenchschoolofcg

I also just got one of the new NVIDA cards, planned on using the "hack" to run it with CS. I read a post lastnight where someone speculated that in CS6 non-supported cards wouldn't be able to be "hacked" to take advantage of GPU acceleration, I couldn't find the thread today and figured this thread seemed like a good place to ask, does anyone know if this is true or not? If so this would be more than a little disapointing. GPU accelleration works fine with non-supported cards, and without a drastic expansion in the list of supported cards I suspect many CS users will be disapointed. anyway, just wondering, what are forums for if not speculation?

Sorry for the hijack!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:33 PM   in reply to benson-2

Well, I can stop speculating. I cannot reveal the "hackability" of CS6 until it actually gets released.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 12:45 PM   in reply to benson-2

Until CS6 is released, keep to the old wisdom: 'Those who know don't tell, those who tell don't know'. No sense in speculating.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 1:14 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

haha, fair enough:) I've never heard that bit of wisdom put so eloquently Harm! I'd read the speculation and figured you and others would know whether Adobe had accutally released anything to that effect, I guess not.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to benson-2

You know of course, there are three kinds of people:

1. Those who make things happen (the Adobe development team),
    2. Those who watch things happen (the beta testers, under NDA), and
    3. Those who wonder what happened (the users).

Just joking...

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 4:38 PM   in reply to Harm Millaard

Regarding the future, I ask you to look at the recent past:

When Premiere Pro CS5 came out, only about half a dozen cards provided the GPU acceleration features in Premiere Pro. With each update, we added more. Now there are more than two dozen.

From this very consistent past behavior, I ask you to guess what our future behavior will be. It's not hard to figure out. ;-)

As far as specific cards, submit a feature request so that we know what to prioritize in our testing:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 26, 2012 5:19 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

I didn't know about the feature request, thanks for the link, I'll be using that!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points