Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Menu replays "intro" each time

Apr 26, 2012 11:02 AM

Hey everyone,

I have a menu that I built in After Effects with the intent that it would play a little intro part then transition to the actual menu.

I imported the Intro/menu footage and set a loop point where the intro ends and the main menu begins. When beginning from the start point of the DVD, this is fine, because we expect to see the intro.

The problem occurs when I go into the scene selection menus or return from the main timeline, the intro plays again before going into the "menu loop".

Is there a way to make sure the "intro" only plays the first time the menu is accessed?

One way to fix this would be to divide the intro and the menu into different assets and have the intro simply play before the menu, but then there is an annoying delay as the DVD switches to the next asset, and the transition between the intro/menu is very smooth.

Any suggestions?

Best,

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to dh91

Use a second menu without the intro part.

Or instead of a regular link, use the "specify link" and click "loop point."  This does not appear to work in Encore preview, but should work in a build.

You can also make the intro a first play movie, but will have a brief pause going to the menu.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 6:30 AM   in reply to dh91

Excellent!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers