Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Problem with changing flash content - Need help

Apr 26, 2012 8:56 PM

I need help in changing  the flash content. Here is my proble,

1) I bought a flash template (I will call this Original) from a website and paid some money to customize my menu,logo and background color.

2) After they finished it they sent me several files. Like 1) index.html, .swf, psd, .fla. In all the files .html,.swf (the video) and .psd I am seeing my customize changes (logo,menu and background color). But the .fla file they sent me is still shows everything from original template. It doesn't have my logo, menu or background color.

3) I asked their technical support and they walk me through. a) Open the .fla file in flash pro. b) Change the content c) Hit Ctrl+Enter and it will export the new .swf file to the flash folder. d) Make sure I delete the video from flash folder and replace the name with the one I created.

I did all these steps. But the problem is the .SWF that i generated is showing everything from the orignal template. It did change the content but I don't see any of my customize request. (Menu, logo or color)

4) Then I open the index.html and I DID NOT see any of the changes in the content.

My feeling is they did not provide me the correct .FLA file. I really need your help.

My confusion is a) Have they provide me the correct .FLA file or I am doing something wrong. b) When I generated the new .swf video and renamed it properly why it didn't reflect in the index.html file.

I am really going back and forth with them since last 15 days and its not going anywhere. I really appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jessy

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 4:54 AM   in reply to Jessy_9

Unfortunately, if you have not enough knowledge about using Flash, and do not want to pay to have this done for you, the folks who did this for you are likely going to be the only ones who can help you resolve it.  They should be able to provide the edited fla and the new swf if they are in any way a credible/reliable business.... which at this point sounds like they are not.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 4:58 AM   in reply to Jessy_9

Without seeing the actual files it's impossible to know where the problem is. If you received a .psd file, is this your new logo image? Did you import the Photoshop file into the Flash file? Was this the "b) Change the content" step? Did you change the name of your Flash .fla file? Did you delete the old .swf file?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to Rob Dillon

I always import my content. Take a look in the folder the SWF resides in and search around for a XML file. I always load a XML file and specify what to load in there. They may be doing the same thing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points