• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CS5 crashes when I try installing on a newer iMac with system 10.7.3

Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used the Migration App to move from System 10.5.8 and my Photoshop CS5 and inDesign CS5 opened and work on the new system, but Illustrator CS5 did not. I downloaded  Illustrator_15_1_LS1 from Adobe, but I keep getting a crash report - Exit Code: 7. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2012 Apr 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes have you tried seeing if you can remove the previous installation?  The uninstaller is located in Applications/Utilities/Adobe Installers.  If that doesn't work you can try running the CS5 Cleaner tool - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your help, but neither of those options worked. All of my

other Adobe products work including my Ai CS3 version. After 20 years

of using Adobe products I’ve never run across anything like this

before. Should I call the Support and Customer Service or the

Activation phone number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin Kochan at this point the most expedient option would be to restore your computer back to the condition it was in when you first purchased it.  Run the migration assistant to only transfer over documents and settings then install from your installation media.  I have seen users spend hours trying to recover from utilizing the Migration Assistant to transfer applications. 

Since it is a new computer it will be much faster to simply use the recovery volume and restore Mac 10.7 to it's default state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, I’ll give that a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok let me know if you have any questions.  I can try to locate a tech doc on Apple.com which might assist you with the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines