Skip navigation
Robot Joe XZY
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 scroll list

Apr 26, 2012 10:23 AM

Tags: #flash #mobile #scroll #list

Hello, Does anyone know if they updated the scrolling lists for mobile applications in the new Flash CS6? I'm talking about the smooth iOS type scroll. Since they have it in Flash Builder i really hope they put it in Flash Professional.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 26, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to Robot Joe XZY

It's possible to use Flex in Flash you know.. Although it runs on a different layer so you'd need to plan for it. Have a read here for an example:

http://seeing-is-believing.blogspot.com/2007/11/flex-components-in-fla sh-example-with.html

You just need the Flex SDK which is free, here:

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Downloads

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to Robot Joe XZY

I'm not saying it's easy but do pay attention to them mentioning that Flex will operate at a different layer above the flash display list. So it will cover anything below.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 27, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to Robot Joe XZY

Woooaaaaahhhhhh....... Not at all. Not even close. Flash Builder uses Spark components which are optimized as much as possible. Flash is using mx which isn't at all. I realize CS6 may include some spark but there is absolutely no difference between them even if it does.

Please use Flash Builder. They didn't even upgrade the version in CS6. It does a great job and you'll get optimal performance with mobile best practices. Each AIR SDK update the spark components will probably get faster and faster (hopefully one day utilizing a "Stage3D mode").

|
    Mark as:
    May 7, 2012 7:18 PM   in reply to Robot Joe XZY

Adobe! Please! what is missing to update the list of components in Flash Professional??

Every community would love to have mobile components in Flash Professional!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points