Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creating first iPad multi-folio viewer...need ID help

Apr 27, 2012 9:11 AM

I am creating a multi-folio viewer that will have monthly issues. I've completed a sample folio and the first two issues.

I understand to  create a multi-folio viewer, I need one Adobe ID to create all of the folios, and not use the Adobe ID for any other folio production.

I'm confused on how to name the App Id and Product ID. How are all the issues linked to the sample folio and become available as a purchase and download when each month's issue is ready?

Thanks!

Replies
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,629 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 27, 2012 9:25 AM   in reply to mgsculpture

You specify the App ID only on the Apple developer site. For best results, use the "reverse DNS" naming convention for the App ID, such as com.publisher.publication. You don't specify the App ID anywhere on the Adobe side.

Product IDs are required for all published folios, but they're only significant if you're selling the folio. In that case, the Product ID you specify needs to match when you create it in iTunes Connect and publish the folio on the Adobe side. Again, use the reverse DNS approach: com.publisher.publication.issue. Each different folio should have a different Product ID, such as "com.dancer.danceoff.2012october" and "com.dancer.danceoff.2012november." However, folio renditions should share the same Product ID.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,629 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 27, 2012 11:11 AM   in reply to mgsculpture

One App ID per app. You create the App ID in the iOS Provisioning Portal on the Apple developer site. When you're ready to start the Apple submission process, make sure that you download the Companion Guide PDF from the DPS Dashboard. It walks through the steps of creating required files and certificates and submitting the app.

|
    Mark as:
  • Bob Bringhurst
    4,629 posts
    May 29, 2007
    Apr 30, 2012 3:26 PM   in reply to mgsculpture

You need to publish the sample folio with Public and Free settings. You need to use the same Adobe ID to create and publish the folio that you specified in the Title ID field of the Viewer Builder. Then the folio will appear.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 30, 2012 3:56 PM   in reply to Bob Bringhurst

Bob,

Hopping on this thread... What App ID do I use for a multi-issue app that has a free preview and a retail issue? My thinking is it needs to be:

App ID: com.publisher.publication

Free preview in-app product ID: com.publisher.publication.free1

Retail in-app product ID: com.publisher.publication.issue1

Is that right?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers