Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Illustrator CS5 - Fonts not found

Apr 27, 2012 12:41 PM

Tags: #illustrator #cs5 #font #adobe

We are changing our user from a Mac to a Windows (7) based computer and we are running in to issues with files that she created on the Mac version of Adobe Illustrator. She used some fonts (AGaramond-BoldItalic for example) and it works great on the Mac. I copied all the font files to the windows computer and made sure they work (opened Illustrator and created a document with the fonts).

The issue now is that when we open the old documents from the Mac on the Windows computer it gives an error "Font not found on the system; missing font has been substituted."

I am not sure how to tell the file that the fonts Are there because when it opens all the fonts are to a default Arial.

So far I have tried:

• Removing all Adobefnt*.lst files
  • Resetting adobe settings by holding ctrl+alt+shift and opening the program
  • Testing the file on a brand new user account
  • uninstall and reinstall the program

None of these have worked.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 1:34 PM   in reply to kent7387

What type of fonts are they? OpenType, Windows TTF, PostScript Type1. If the font used on the Mac was one of the latter then that's the reason it's not being recognized on the Windows machine.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 10:10 AM   in reply to Larry G. Schneider

There are more cache files than the adobefnt files.  See here for more detailed instructions on cleaning your font caches. That said, it sounds likely that the issue is that your fonts are mac only, as Larry said above.  You should be able to use Type -> Find Font... to replace them with whatever version you have on the PC but watch for formatting/flow changes.  Also, my condolences to your designer. ;-)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points