Skip navigation
Chesh_1
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer

Apr 20, 2012 4:46 AM

I have a subscription to Adobe CreatePDF.  I've downloaded the Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer and can see it in my list of printers.  However, when I try to print a doc using the Desktop Printer, the doc doesn't print and  I get 'error' under status.  I've tried reinstalling the Desktop Printer but that hasn't helped.  Can you advise?  

Replies
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Apr 20, 2012 2:16 PM   in reply to Chesh_1

Good day,

What OS are you using?

Try this:

1. Right-click on the Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer within your Printers Control Panel and choose Properties.
    2. Click the Ports tab
    3. A port labeled 'Internet Port' should be checked
    4. Click on this port and hit the 'Configure Port' button. 
    5. Make sure your Adobe ID (email address) and password are correctly entered
    6. Try to print a document from Notepad to the CreatePDF Desktop Printer.

If you get a more specific error message, could you please share it?

Hopefully we can get this resolved for you!

Kind regards,

David

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    Apr 27, 2012 3:13 PM   in reply to Chesh_1

Good day Mary,

Unfortunately our forums no longer accept attachments from email.  You can post your screenshot if you log directly into the forum thread to reply.

Internet Explorer 9 is a web browser.  Which version of Windows do you have installed?

Kind regards,

David

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 8, 2012 1:24 AM   in reply to Chesh_1

I had this same problem.  I'm running Windows 7, Service Pack 1.  That was the problem.  After countless times installing and uninstalling the Desktop Printer, with no success fixing the problem, I finally came across a notice from Adobe that Windows 7, Servicce Pack 1 is to blame.  The only fix is to go to Microsoft and download a hotfix for the issue.  Microsoft will email you a link to the hotfix.  The hotfix is downloaded as a zip file. I recommmend extracting it to your desktop and then double clicking the extracted file.  (The default extraction process wanted to dump it somewhere I couldn't ever find on my system.  That's why I recommend extracting to your desktop.) 

After a system restart, the Desktop Printer should work just fine.  It did for me.

This is the link Microsoft emailed to me:

http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Windows%207/Windows%20Server2008%20R2%20 SP1/sp2/Fix381852/7600/free/437635_intl_x64_zip.exe

You can also try searching for KB Article Number: 2616471

Even though, this is a Microsoft issue, I'm very angry that Adobe doesn't have the courtesy to save us all a bunch of headache by including a disclaimer and/or instructions for the hotfix next to the install Desktop Printer instructions.  I mean, isn't the majority of Adobe's customers running Windows 7, Service Pack 1?  What a freaking waste of my time it was to go through this hassle.

|
    Mark as:
  • David Kastendick
    3,219 posts
    Apr 7, 2010
    May 10, 2012 9:15 AM   in reply to Ryan.T.123

Good day Ryan,

I can understand your frustration on this.  We have documented the issue within our knowledge base too.  MS has fixed the in a revised version of their SP1 release that's currently being distributed.  This issue is only affecting a fairly small potential set of customers--those that downloaded and installed the early build of Windows 7 SP1 and who are CreatePDF customers. 

Again, I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you and I'm glad you're now up and running.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

David

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    May 14, 2012 2:59 PM   in reply to David Kastendick

Thank you for the follow up.  I was aware of the knowledge base article.

That is how I finally figured out how to address the issue.

Ryan T.

Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 10:16 AM

To: Ryan.T.123

Subject: Re: Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer

Re: Adobe CreatePDF Desktop Printer

created by David Kastendick <http://forums.adobe.com/people/dave_m_k> in *Adobe

CreatePDF* - View the full

discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4394305#4394305

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points