Skip navigation
canino video
Currently Being Moderated

Has the ability to add markers to a clip during capture been added to Premiere CS6?*

Apr 27, 2012 1:08 PM

I do live captures for video assist with PP5.5 and asked for the ability for markers to be added on the fly while capturing a while back. Just wondering if this has been added to PP6 or not. Use it all the time with Avid MC, and find it difficult to use PP without it in my work. If not can you make subclips on the fly as you can in MC yet?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 27, 2012 3:51 PM   in reply to canino video

No, there is not a change in Premiere Pro CS6 regarding adding markers during capture from tape.

|
    Mark as:
  • Jon-M-Spear
    969 posts
    Jan 27, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 12:12 AM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Am I right in thinking that OnLocation has not made it into the CS6 suite?

I currently capture live TX camera feeds from a PPU and mark them on the fly with comments so that I can review content before the edit.

Can anyone tell me whether this facility will still be available in CS6 - whether in OnLocation or another facility?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 8:06 AM   in reply to Jon-M-Spear

OnLocation is not in Creative Suite 6.

If you use the features in OnLocation, then you should continue to keep the version that you now use installed. There's no problem at all with keeping components of CS5.5 or CS5 or CS4 installed on a system even after you've upgraded to CS6 for Premiere Pro, etc.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 8:07 AM   in reply to canino video

> Is there a reason this has not been added yet?

If you want us to add a feature, then submit a feature request to add your vote.

You can submit feature requests (and bug reports) here: http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 1:30 PM   in reply to canino video

The markers in Premiere Pro leave a lot to be desired. I totally agree about marking on capture but what's even more important to me is being able to see your markers supered on screen. I usually plow through my footage and set markers for takes I like or client likes and add in my comments. I can fine stuff super quick just using previous and next marker hot keys and find this indespensable to my workflow. I've whined about this repeatedly to adobe and I'm extremely dissappointed its still not a feature especially when every NLE I've ever used has had it. Even the the earliest versions of avid, fcp and smoke. What gives adobe?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 2:19 PM   in reply to TKane31

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 7:20 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

@ Todd

You say OnLocation is not in Creative Suite 6 but will it be a stand alone program or is CS5.5 the last version of it ?

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 7:39 PM   in reply to Powered by Design

OnLocation is no longer developed or sold by Adobe.

|
    Mark as:
    May 1, 2012 7:42 PM   in reply to Todd_Kopriva

Thanks Todd.

I will just keep my 5.5 handy if I need it.

Prelude looks nice.

GLenn

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to canino video

> Why is Adobe so resistant to this?

It's not that we're resistant to one thing or another. Rather, we have finite time and other resources for developing and testing features for each release, and we need to prioritize based on several factors---including how many customers are requesting a specific change.

So, if you want to cast your vote, please do so:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to canino video

There can't be only two of us.

Wellll...with the proliferation of tapeless media, the need to 'capture' is growing less and less.  That's probably why OnLocation was dropped in favor of Prelude.  And it doesn't bode well for adding more folks who want this feature.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 11:30 AM   in reply to canino video

You could consider Premiere Elements for Stop Motion.

|
    Mark as:
    May 2, 2012 12:35 PM   in reply to canino video

Some people actually still shoot film if you can believe that!

I do, and would love to shoot that myself.

But even there, it'll be telecined using very expensive equipment that no Premiere Pro user is likely to own, and stored on a hard drive as files that still would not need to be 'captured'.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points