Skip navigation
Mostly55
Currently Being Moderated

Why did my camera shift without me changing the keyframe values?

Apr 27, 2012 11:37 PM

I'm working in After Effects and I'm making sure to keyframe the positions of my camera through a null object. I was able to do this fine for about a minute and 30 seconds of the video. All of a sudden after I finish animating some text layers, my camera for literally everything before has shifted to the right. My camera for after the text layer I animated remained where it should be. Why did the camera change like that and how can I fix it without going through each keyframe and changing it?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 1:16 AM   in reply to Mostly55

Cameras don't shift randomly. You have changed some keyframes or invoked the camera tools on your parented camera. Without seeing the specific setup, this is impossible to figure out, but you did something. Similarly, if text layers are involved with text animators, the text animators may actually change the position of the text. And finalyl, if there are layer styles somewhere, they would break 3D rendering, which could also appear as if the stuff shifted places because suddenly the Z position is no longer properly calculated...

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 2:18 AM   in reply to Mostly55

Some things to consider:

• If you have multiple keyframes selected and move the camera, you will adjust values for ALL the keyframes selected.  Note that, if you click on the name of the parameter in the left column of the timeline, all keyframes for that parameter are selected.

• Are you seeing non-linear spatial interpolation?  You can't see spatial interpolation on the timeline, only in the preview window, and for cameras only when you are using a view that shows the camera.  Use Animation/Keyframe Interpolation to determine whether your keyframes are being eased through space as well as time.  You can set the default interpolation of keyframes to Linear in AE Preferences.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 9:22 AM   in reply to Mostly55

guys i need help with After Effects What to do?

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 30, 2012 8:13 AM   in reply to adobe hasnan

You need to understand something ABSOLUTELY CRUCIAL to AE Wisdom:  it's not the kind of application you use for a couple of tricks and expect things to turn out right the first time.  It takes a good knowledge of the AE basics to make it do what you want.  If you blow off the basics, you face countless unproductive hours of frustration.

So how do you get the basics?  You go here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after- eff.html

If you follow the link above you'd probably stumble across what may be the best FREE training in AE Basics, compiled by Adobe's own Todd Kopriva:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2012/02/after-effects-basics-tutori als-by-andrew-devis.html

Read all the glowing things Todd writes about this series of tutorials.

Well, that ought to get you started on shat many people consider a journey rather than a destination: true Affer Effects Enlightenment.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points