Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Help on scrollable frame with buttons linking to an MSO?

Apr 28, 2012 3:09 AM

Tags: #frames #scrollable

Hi,

I've just started to look at an idea using maps which I wanted to take further if possible but I'm having problems getting it to work already.

The layout has a large world map (built in Illustrator) with a visual key to indicate the destinations (featured in the MSO). I added invisible Indesign frames as buttons over the destinations linking to the MSO outside of the scrollable frame which changes state when users click on the buttons.

- Illustrator map file placed on pasteboard, frames added over Ai file and converted to buttons with on click events to the MSO.

- I group the map and buttons, cut and paste into a new frame, set that frame to a scrollable frame.

When I preview through the Adobe content viewer the buttons don't work and I just activate the OS chrome. I've tested the buttons work from the interactive preview window so it seems something must be happening when I create the scrollable frame.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've tried another simpler version but get same problems, so not sure how to troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks,

Hugo

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 6:27 AM   in reply to HugoKing321

Just a quick note, if you are designing this for a tablet, you should be using on release, not on click.  The learning curve is proving to be a big part of the fun on all of this.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 7:27 AM   in reply to jkuhns5

And: if a button sits inside an MSO you cannot target other MSOs.

Adobe should prevent buttons  to loose their targets if you copy or cut and paste inside. There also should be a mechanism that. if you copy/paste or cut/paste buttons  together with their corresponding MSOs,  tie the  elements  together.

Maybe something like an anchor tool to link a button to a specific state of an MSO or another state behavior that binds the two objects together. Just like anchored text frames or objects anchored to a text frame.

What would be also fine would be an underlying color in the menus of the button palette that indicates  what behaviors or possible targets are allowed for specific DPS version installed.

Uwe

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points