Skip navigation
Thieme Markus
Currently Being Moderated

LR4.1 RC2: unchecking "Remove chromatic aberration" does not work

Apr 28, 2012 5:28 AM

Unchecking the "Remove chromatic aberration" after it had been checked and adjusted does not work in the sense that the removal remains active.

Best regards,

Markus Thieme

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 28, 2012 6:03 AM   in reply to Thieme Markus

How could you adjust "Remove chromatic aberration" if it only have one checkbox and is completely automatic?

You probably have adjusted "Defringe" sliders, they are not related to "Remove chromatic aberration" checkbox.

To disable it you have to set two amount sliders to zero.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 6:54 AM   in reply to cppasm

That one fooled me too the first time. Chromatic aberration is the automatic removal of red/cyan aberration normally found in wide angle lenses. Defringing does axial CA and purple blooming and any remaining CA that the check box didn't pick up.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 28, 2012 7:16 AM   in reply to Susan S.

Just to be clear, there are two independent sets of controls here.

You can turn off automatic (radial) chromatic aberration, and it works.  Or it does on my LR4.1 RC2, I've just tried it.  That's the only control for radial chromatic aberration: on or off.

However, as far as I'm aware, the "Defringe" sliders (for axial "purple fringe" chromatic aberration) are not affected by the Chromatic Aberration check box.  You adjust the sliders as the others have said. 

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points